They did it for Apple Pay, they did it for Samsung Pay, now it's Android Pay's turn! Just found it in my AMEX app. If you can't find it/don't want to install the app, the link I've provided has an enrol button.
If you are getting this message:
"Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only. Please visit http://www.amexconnect.com.au for other fabulous offers"
Then you are attempting to add a bank-issued AMEX and thus cannot take advantage of this deal (thanks to various commenters below but Turd in particular for his detailed reasoning) for noting this. It has to be an AMEX-issued card.
Also if your Android phone is rooted, you can't use Android Pay. Might be able to get around it if you search for solutions?
Copied and pasted:
- Save the offer to your eligible Card and tap to pay with Android Pay spending $20 or more on that Card, in one or more transactions, in store by 20/10/16 to receive one $10 credit. Limited to the first 10,000 Cards to save the offer.
- Only American Express issued Cards are eligible for this offer.
- You must have a compatible Android Device and your Card must be enrolled in Android Pay. More information about Android Pay, including how to add your Card, is available here.
- Offer is limited to one credit per registered Card. Only spend on the Card you register counts towards the Offer.
- Card Members can spend using Android Pay in store at any merchant in Australia that accepts American Express contactless payments. Examples of stores which accept contactless transactions from American Express are available here.
- Excludes online purchases. Offer valid at Australian locations only.
- Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment forms.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from offer end date.
- Credit will not be applied to your Account if it has been suspended or cancelled.
- Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled