Received an email today that you can get covered for $500 Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover, just need to activate on Paypal:
The info is:
Benefit from complimentary Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover when you pay for your trip with PayPal. If something goes wrong unexpectedly and you need to cancel, you can claim up to $500 back on pre-paid non-refundable transport and accommodation costs for 1 trip per year.
You can claim up to $500 for your portion of non-refundable trip costs pre-paid with your PayPal account which may include:
• Transport costs (like car rental, trains, buses and flights)
• Accommodation costs (like hotel rooms, Airbnb and bed and breakfasts)
• Entertainment or excursion tickets that were part of a trip
• Training or conference costs
You can claim on Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover if you need to cancel your holiday because:
* You fall ill or have an accidental injury which renders you unfit to travel
* The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) has issued a ‘do not travel’ or ‘reconsider your need to travel’ warning for the destination of your trip overseas
* There’s a fire, flood or burglary at your home
* A relative or business partner unexpectedly passes away
* You need to sit an official examination when you would have been away
* You experience any other unforeseen circumstance outside of your control which necessitates the cancellation of a trip, and is not otherwise excluded under the Policy
Seems to be done through Aon - Issued by Chubb - previous deal
For more information as others have said below, make sure to check the Terms and Conditions.
Also thanks so much mods for fixing up the way the deal looks.