Our annual Easter Treasure Hunt took a break this year, but we are now back with one that has bigger and fancier prizes for the End of Financial Year this year! Similar to previous years' format (2019, 2018, 2017, etc) so those who have participated in past hunts would need no instruction.
However if you are new to the OzBargain Treasure Hunt, here are some instructions. Basically various prizes will pop up on the site throughout the day during the hunt. They might appear on the (1) OzBargain Home Page, (2) New Deals Page and (3) any deals / forums page with 10 or more comments. Often you'll need to do a bit of scrolling as they usually pop up in the middle of deal listing or between comments. Here's an example:
There are quite a few factors that determine whether a prize pops up on the current page or not.
- Each prize has a probability (i.e. 1% of chance that a gift card will drop)
- Each prize also has a starting time (i.e. only live from 4PM on Monday)
- Some prizes only appear on certain pages — more on that later.
Also note that if a prize pops up on a page, it won't stay there forever! It would disappear after 15 seconds without interaction. However after you click on the prize, it would reveal what the prize is and allow you to claim it.
After you have claimed the prize, it would be added to your inventory, which is available on the Marketplace page. Marketplace would be very important in the later part of the game. You can add up to 4 items to your inventory — prizes basically would stop popping up on OzBargain once your inventory is full.
On the Marketplace page, you can
- See what prizes you have in your inventory.
- Drop prizes to vacate your inventory. Dropped prize will be back to the wild, ready to be picked up by other OzBargainers.
- Put your prizes on the marketplace for trading.
- See what prizes other users have put on the marketplace.
- Request / Accept / Reject trades.
Trading is important because many prizes come in multiple parts — and you can only claim the final prize when you have collected all the parts!
Feel free to use private messages or this forum to organise trades, and claim as many prizes from me as you can :)
Here is a list of prizes for EoFY Treasure Hunt 2020. Half of them are in the form of Prezzee Gift Cards where you can exchange it with merchants' gift cards to be spent online or instore. The higher valued prizes are the kind of splurge at the end of financial years — popular headphones/earbuds on OzBargain, and desktop computer from a popular store and a laptop from a popular brand.
- 50x Prezzee eGift Card $25
- 20x Prezzee eGift Card $50
- 10x Prezzee eGift Card $100 (2 parts)
- Apple AirPods 2 (2 parts)
- Apple AirPods Pro (2 parts)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Mk II (2 parts)
- Bose NCH-700 (3 parts)
- Sony WF-1000XM3 (2 parts)
- Sony WH-1000XM3 (2 parts)
- Gaming PC at ~$1,000, likely from TechFast (3 parts)
- Lenovo ThinkPad E-series at ~$1,000 (3 parts)
For those looking at collecting multipart prizes, here are some tips:
- It's always the part 2 that's the rare one. There will actually be more part 1 / part 3 than part 2 that will pop up on the site.
- 5 of the Prezzee eGift Card $100 part 2 will be released in random locations. However all the other part 2 will only appear on specific pages, and the hints will be released here during the hunt.
For example, I might be posting a comment in this post:
Prezzee eGift Card $100 (2/2) — what was the most voted deal in this financial year?
Answer would be Free GTA V from Epic Games, where there's a high probability that specific prize will appear.
Official starting time for OzBargain EoFY 2020 Treasure Hunt is Monday 22 June 2020 at 12:00PM, and will conclude at Wednesday 24 June 2020 at 12:00PM. Most prizes will be released before the evening of Tuesday 23 June, but and the extra time will be for trading to take place.
Here's the schedule.
Monday 22 June
- 12:00PM Start the hunt!
- 6:00PM Hint for ThinkPad E-series part 2
- 8:00PM Hint for 3x Prezzee eGift Card $100 part 2
Tuesday 23 June
- 10:00AM Hint for 2x Prezzee eGift Card $100 part 2
- 11:00AM Hint for Apple AirPods 2 part 2
- 12:00PM Hint for $1000 Gaming PC part 2
- 2:00PM Hint for Sony WH-1000XM3 part 2
- 3:00PM Hint for Sony WF-1000XM3 part 2
- 4:00PM Hint for Bose NCH-700 part 2
- 5:00PM Hint for Bose QC 35 II part 2
- 6:00PM Hint for Apple AirPods Pro part 2
- 8:30PM All prizes will be released by this time
Wednesday 24 June
- 12:00PM Finish!
After the hunt finishes, those with prizes will be presented with a form on the Marketplace page for filling out the delivery details. I'll then try to arrange all the prizes, hopefully before 30 June.
OzBargain Treasure Hunt is open to almost all OzBargain members. You must
- Log into your OzBargain account
- Not currently in penalty box
- Account created before this post — I am blocking new accounts from accessing the treasure hunt to stop people creating multiple accounts to game the system.
Also any attempt of scripting / gaming the system would result you account(s) banned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is adblocker okay?
Yes, prizes will still show up when you use adblocker on OzBargain.
Q: Is mobile okay?
Yes, mobile browsers should not have any issue.