No idea if this is new or not, but Ebay have a Price Match Guarantee.
This might help with everyone calling out eBay for jacking prices and then finding cheaper on Amazon. Found it by accident looking for eBay deals.
If you found a better price within 48 hours of your eBay transaction, eBay will beat it by 5%. FAQ below.
Which online retail websites does the eBay Best Price Guarantee apply to?
- The Best Price Guarantee covers over 120 of Australia’s top retailers. See details of approved online retail websites here
What does Best Price Guarantee cover
- You are covered for the difference between the price you paid on eBay (including shipping costs), and the price of an identical product (including shipping costs) on an approved online retail website + 5% off the online retail website's price. For example, if you purchase a product for $100 on eBay and find it on a online retail website for $90, customer service will issue you a voucher for the difference in price ($10) + 5% of the online retail website's price (5% of $90 is $4.50). So the total voucher value will be $14.50.
Are shipping costs included in the eBay Best Price Guarantee?
* Yes. We compare the full transaction cost including shipping on eBay.com.au and the online retail website in order to determine if a Best Price Guarantee is warranted.
How does eBay reimburse me if I find an identical item for less on an approved online retail website?
- If eBay’s customer service agent can confirm the difference in prices, eBay will provide you with a voucher. Upon confirmation, you’ll be issued with a voucher that can be used towards your next eBay purchase. Vouchers will expire within 90 days. eBay reserves the right to cancel them in the event that a purchase is cancelled or returned. eBay also reserves the right to deny claims in the event of buyer abuse/fraud and seller abuse/fraud.
Does the guarantee apply to the listing price or the price I actually paid for the Eligible Product?
- Our guarantee applies to the price that you actually paid for the Eligible Product (including shipping costs) after applying any valid voucher, coupon, discount code or credit. If, for example, the Eligible Product was listed for $100 on eBay, but you paid $80 after applying a discount code, the price on the Approved Retailer’s website must be less than $80 for you to be eligible for a price difference voucher.
Who does this offer apply to?
- This offer only applies to all eBay users who have an Australian shipping address and have purchased a new, fixed price product on eBay.
What happens if an item is returned?
- If you decide to return the item, you’ll be refunded the purchase price minus the refunded amount subject to this offer.
Is there a maximum voucher amount that I can claim?
- Vouchers are capped at $150 per claim and there is a Claim Limit of 1 per day and 10 per month.
The Best Price Guarantee will only work with a selection of Online Retail Websites.
- This list is found here