Just noticed this in my seller dashboard today. Though I have not received any notification email from eBay regarding this offer yet, it does say in the terms that it is a targeted offer.
To my knowledge this is the first eBay promo this year on final value fees..
Copy pasta from eBay:
Who is eligible for this Promotion?
- “Eligible Sellers” means sellers registered on eBay.com.au who:
- have Australia or New Zealand as their registered address on eBay; and
- have an active eBay Plus subscription; and
- have received an invitation to participate in this promotion and accepted these Terms and Conditions by either clicking “Accept offer” on the Terms and Conditions page or clicking “Get offer” under the “promotional offers” section of your My eBay account; and
- received confirmation from eBay that “you’ve accepted the offer”.
- Once you have accepted the offer, the promotion will be automatically assigned to your account and will be visible within My eBay.
- The invitation to participate in this promotion is not transferable or exchangeable.
What is the Promotion?
- The Promotion entitles Eligible Sellers to 0% variable fees, which is a component of Final Value Fees (as defined on eBay.com.au), on 5 sales during the Promotion Period on Eligible Listings.
- “Eligible Listings” means item listings that are:
- newly listed on eBay.com.au during the Promotion Period (i.e. they cannot be relisted items through ‘Good ‘til Cancelled (GTC) or auto-renewal);
- in multi-quantity or single quantity fixed price or auction format only; and
- not listed in one of the Excluded Categories (as defined below).
- The variable fees will be discounted directly from the eBay seller fees applicable to the Eligible Listings when they are sold.
- This promotion only applies to the variable fees on Eligible Listings that are sold during the Promotion Period.
- eBay reserves the right to cancel or change the offer at any time.