OzBargain in November - Sales Events, Meetups, Birthday Sale, etc
Last edited 14/11/2018 - 17:10 by 2 other users
It's going to be November tomorrow, which would be the most hectic month of the year with many events happening in retail and at OzBargain. So here are some announcements:
There will be many sales events in November, and OzBargain will be tracking some of them on dedicated pages:
- Nov 11 — Singles' Day 11/11
- Nov 13 — Click Frenzy Go Wild
- Nov 23-26 — Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- Nov 28 — OzBargain12 Sale (more on this later)
Anything else have I missed?
OzBargain Birthday Meetups
OzBargain is turning 12 this November, and I made an announcement 2 months ago asking whether anyone can help organising meetup events around Australia. So far,
- Sydney Northshore #1 — ihbh might be organising it. Needs to settle the date, time & venue for a meal.
- Sydney Northshore #2 — Wed 28 Nov 5:00PM Chatswood, co-sponsored by Cashrewards
- Sydney West — Sat 17 Nov 12:30PM @ Commercial Hotel, Parramatta lyl has volunteered again. This will likely be co-sponsored by MobileCiti & Wireless 1 (which I need to confirm). Still need to work out all the details.
- Sydney CBD #1 — Thur 22 Nov 6:30PM at Pizza Autentico, Surry Hills. RSVP needed!
- Sydney CBD #2 — Thursday 29 Nov 6:00PM Sydney CBD, co-sponsored by ShopBack.
- Melbourne — Thursday 29 Nov 5:30PM, Melbourne, @ Poked.
For OzBargainers in other cities — feel free to create a thread to get the meetup organised. We'll sponsor food & venue so you just need to get the party organised.
OzBargain12 Sale Event
Apart from birthday meetups, we'll also host a 24 hour sales event from Wednesday 28 Nov at 12PM, similar to what we did in 2016 but only 24 hours. We'll like to welcome merchants, vendors and service providers in Australia and abroad to participate and offer our community some sweet promotions during OzBargain12 sales event. There will be an event page linked to all the related deals, and the event itself will be promoted on OzBargain & social media throughout the day. To participate:
Prepare what you are going to offer for the OzBargainers on the day. To qualify, it must
- Have an OzBargain specific landing page. You will be allowed to use OzBargain logo on the landing page. Or,
- Have an OzBargain related coupon code.
Post up the deal — for merchants please remember to declare your association and tag it with "OzBargain12".
- Email email@example.com if you need help from the moderators.
- You can post the deals up to 7 days prior to the start of the event, i.e. from Wed 21 Nov at 12PM. Moderators will schedule popular deals to be highlighted throughout the event.
I guess it would be much lower profile than the event 2 years ago, which many felt disappointed, and I did say at the time that we have no plan running it again. However it's back again this year by popular demand — not from the community but from quite a few merchants who contacted us over the last 2 years asking whether we are bringing it back. Again, it would be a free event for participating merchants, as an appreciation for providing good deals to the community.