This page was created to share amusing comments and responses from OzBargain Deals/Forum Posts. Please feel free to add to the list if you find something amusing.
The purpose of this thread is not to ridicule users, but to show the lighter side of OzBargain. If you feel this isn't the case, please contact moderators so we can all discuss. Talks between the user and the mod team can be done via this private forum section.
Generally, this list will be in, or close to chronological order - however, there are exceptions such as #35.
2. Kingtightass talking about Virgin mobile credit.
3. A deal where AFL ponchos were given away for free ($3 shipping). Every team was sold out, except Carlton themed ones.
4. Mr_asstight talking about vaseline.
5. Multiple comments on this thread where COTD was selling 10 condoms for $2 delivered.
6. Comments on this bra-related deal.
7. Stewballs suggesting that multiplying pricematches may cause an inception style event. (might need to see inception to get the joke)
8. A user looking for cheap eats due to his high maintenance girlfriend.
9. A post about cheap canvas shoes became a haven for bad shoe-related puns.
11. A post about Amazon.co.uk applying free shipping to international orders (t+cs apply) provoked a comment by user Pobman to ask someone to tell Gerry Harvey about it, only to have user Gerry Harvey post in the thread.
13. A post about free shipping and a few deals on Zavvi and thehut included a mention of the game NBA2K11 that was going for $30. User kcyw then mistakenly thought that NBA2K11 was a code for the site and asked for help when it didn't work.
14. A deal for a i7-950 Custom-built Desktop PC from Budget PC had people commenting about the parts cost from MSY. User stewballs then said he'd rather spend a bit of money to not visit MSY at all. Knowledge of MSY's service probably required to get the joke.
16. User p3t0r posted a deal for an external hard drive and then later uploaded his receipt that included a staff discount (and associated details) on it. Upon the suggestion to black out that portion of the receipt he did so only to have someone claim that theysaved the old picture before p3t0r reuploaded it, which linked to a rickroll video on youtube.
18. User Jesmond received over 180 positive votes on this deal because of the hilarious description, even thought the product was sold cheaper elsewhere, as seen here with timestamp. Sense of humour required :) From the same thread, this comment and more importantly its response are also quite amusing, among many other comments. The thread was later moved to the forums by a mod.
21. New user davemu posted an offer for a "Free Multi Pen" This was followed by a streak of off-topic, but amusing comments. A mod soon jumped in and removed the aforementioned off topic comments. It was also later found to be a fake deal
22. Previously posted already, mustkill reposted a deal for $5 Wonderchairs with free delivery. In the comments it was asked why the chair had its name, followed by an answer by Tightbottom. After the previous post BigW had run out of stock, so mustkill reposted when he noticed that they once again had stock.
24. “Mathematics is fun”. User kurtz put a negative vote on a 2.5" external hard drive deal with his justification being a post comparing the cost per GB between the 2.5” drive in the deal and other 3.5” drives, using seemingly complicated mathematics. He then finished his post by saying "Mathematics is fun! Let me know if I made any errors." He was then torched by other members.
25. A rep put up a bargain with the bargain being that if you buy half a KG of jerky, you get it for half the price of 1KG! http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/47102
26. neil probably doesn't want to be reminded of his post about a body lotion deal and the photo he uploaded for it… user glenr proceeds to make the best comment on OzBargain ever (that hasn't been deleted) http://www.ozbargain.com.au/ozbapi/comment/155496
27.Boost Juice was having a promotion for a free medium boost juice for doing some form of “challenge” often completed at the cost of your dignity. User ballsofsteel posted this which dvsbastard then commented on.
28. PorkHunt enquires about how Dick Smith's 'Click and Collect' facility works on buying a 4GB USB for $5, Tantryl explains it to him here, some Ozbargainer's have attempted for the service that Tantryl explained however failed
36. On the fast-changing internet, a thread made about the Death of Ozbargain was made. An Ozbargainer, blitz showed his dedication to the site with a tattoo of Ozbargain. Now let's hope that Ozbargain doesn't die any time soon.
38. Zarcady fell asleep in Shanghai airport after checking in for his AirAsia flight which subsequently left without him. He decided the best course of action would be to sleep in Shanghai Airport Burger King for a couple of weeks until the next sale fare was available. Just as all hope seemed lost, Tonka saves the day!
39. chickensaltfrie, a 21yo soon to be uni graduate informs OzBargain he got a job at Westpac as an Investment Analyst and is looking for recommendations for an 80k car, he goes on to explain he wants one as it will be an "investment with high yield".
40. Do You Ever Refuse to Park at McDonald's Drive Through ? This question was asked by ELH05, while forum posts can't be voted on the OzBargain community showed their displeasure of ELH05's refusal to park with a whopping -421 vote score on ELH05's first reply in the thread despite the thread only being open for 5 days.
41. LadyCocoa1234 posted a forum topic about Transitioning from Centrelink to Full Time Work, while not the most active discussion on the site, as pointed out by Jason Genova, within a few hours of the post the Daily Mail published an article about the topic on it's website.
Most negative votes: Has been awarded to Dick Smith here with 361 negative votes (& 353 positives). According to the voting stats for the deal, a large number of people also revoked their vote (so potentially the negative votes could have been even higher, since a revoked positive vote cannot be turned into a negative vote)
Most negative votes (net): Has been awarded to Appliances Rental with 28 negative votes and 1 positive vote.
Most positive votes: Has been awarded to easternculture with 894 positive votes for posting that Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2013 could be purchased for as little as $15.
Most negative votes on a comment: Has been awarded to ELH05 with 434 negative votes (and 13 positive votes) for his comment here for justifying holding up the drive-through queue at Maccas to wait for coffee.
A statistics and records page is provided here
Quickest Moderation - 0 clicks to a Westfield Shopping Competition (29/11/10). It was also found the user was sockpuppeting.