closed Win $500 / $300 / $100 of Gift Cards or Via PayPal from OzBargainers in The Wild Competition
1 entrant, 0 wins
Last edited 01/07/2014 - 11:07 by 1 other user
1st prize: $500 gift cards or Paypal
2x Runner ups: $300 gift cards or Paypal
4x Honourable mentions: $100 gift cards or Paypal
$1,500 total prize pool
"OzBargainers In The Wild!"
Take a photo of yourself or an OzBargainer in the wild.
This OzBargainer can be pricematching something in Officeworks, ordering a McFlurry, standing next to a famous landmark or whatever else you want.
Each user will receive points for their photos.
- A photo must be an OzBargainer in the wild. OzBargainer can be identified with either an OzBargain T-shirt (if you have one), or the print-out page (covering the head for example).
- Each user is allowed to submit multiple entries, and the final score will be the sum of top 3 entries from that user.
- Score for each photo will be judged by creativity, originality, photo quality, as well as bonus points from a list.
- Definitely no photo-shopping.
- Photos only. No video or drawings.
- Contest ends June 30.
- Total score = sum of scores of top 3 entries of each user.
- Entry score = Base points (0-10) + Bonus points
- Base points are determined by the originality, creativity, photo quality, etc.
- Bonus points are scored when you include one or more of these features in your photo.
- Each bonus point (denoted by a letter) can be claimed only once per entry. (e.g. Max score from popular product, denoted by A is +5)
- Each entry is permitted to claim a bonus point for each letter.
- When any +5 point item has been claimed, no one else will be able to claim the bonus using that item. E.G. If someone claims an Eneloop for their entry, no one else will be able to use an Eneloop for their entry.
- The famous person needs to be them in real life. No cut outs, posters, impersonators, or people with the same name.
- A) next to famous landmark (e.g. has a wikipedia entry)
- B) eating in fast food restaurant (e.g. KFC, Hungry Jack's, McDonald's)
- C) with hacked deals (e.g. hacked McFlurry )
- D) holding popular products in the public (e.g. Nokia 3310,
Eneloop, Woodworm umbrella, flashlights, etc)
- E) inside the cabin of a budget airline flight
- F) media appearance (broadcast TV (e.g. FTA, Foxtel) or in newspaper with a circulation over 1,000)
- G) with famous people (federal politicians, TV personalities, professional sport stars, etc.)
- H) with Gerry Harvey
- I) with Joe Hockey
New Bonus Points (24/6):
- J) +5 points with a uniformed employee/rep from a store with a deal posted on OzBargain (e.g. Officeworks employee)
- K)+10 points While skydiving, hang gliding or scuba diving.
- L)+10 getting together an OzBargain mob. 10 people with an OzBargain sign or t-shirt each.
- M)+15 point with a Socceroo who played in a World Cup.
When I refer to 10 people, I mean 10 alive human beings (e.g. no mannikins or goats). A Socceroo meaning an adult male professional soccer player who has played for Australia in a FIFA world cup. Same rules as before in terms entry details.
These bonus points applicable to all entries made after 24/6 11:19PM EST.
How to Enter:
Upload your photo to OzBargain (go to My Account - Files - Upload new file) or an image hosting site such as Dropbox, imgur, Facebook etc. Link the picture in a comment below.
More bonus point items will be added next week (~23/6). We will be updating the competition results to let everyone know who is leading in points.
Products already entered and can not be used:
Products: Eneloop batteries, Harvey Norman Big Buys Socks, Asus Memopad, Brave Soul Hoodie, Hard Yakka Bomber Jacket, Mars Bar, Sunbeam Coffee Maker, Wordworm Umbrella, Nikon Lens, Chang Beer, Adidas Perfume, Dominos Pizza, ING Card, BMW Amex, Qantas Frequent Flyer Card, MeBank, Citibank Plus, Seinfeld Box Set, 7" portable Phillips DVD player, "No Fear" energy drink, Sandisk Blade, Nokia Lumia 610, Samsung Galaxy S3, Havaianas, Banggood USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Micro SD Card Reader, Tiger Airlines Infrequent Flyer, Lindt Blocks, Connoisseur Gourmet Ice Cream, Magnetic Whiteboard, Cree Flashlight, Rebel Gift Card, RC Helicopter, Eveready Gold Battery, ASUS NEXUS 7, Kirks mambo shorts, Weis Ice Cream Bar, ghibli, Sony Micro Speaker, GoPro, Baby Wipes, $1 7/11 coffee, Oral-B Electric Toothbrush, Red Rock Deli Chips, Men United badge, VistaPrint Cards, Slazenger Jumper
Hacked Item: McFlurry, Double Cheeseburger, Hacked McChicken, McDonalds Vegetarian Burger, Dominos Chicken and Prawn Pizza, Newspaper (SMH, Heralds Sun, etc.) Incognito Mode, Ozzy Battler Burger, isubscribe Hack, Book Depository Hack, McDonalds Fish & Chips hack,
Famous Landmarks: Water World Sea Life Aquarium, Lake Tuggeranong, Australia Zoo, Southern Expressway, Sunshine Plaza, Highpoint Shopping Centre, True Value Solar Centre (Essendon Football Club High Performance Centre), Q1, Surfers Paradise (Gateway), Soul Building, Bolte Bridge, Siding Spring Observatory, Australia Telescope Compact Array, Point Lookout, New England National Park , Punt Road Oval, St. Pauls Cathedral, Maslins Beach, Canberra Glassworks
Fast Food locations: KFC, McDonalds, Ali Babas, Subway, Hungry Jacks, Nandos, Salsas, Mos Burger, Krispy Kreme, Brodburger,
Uniformed Employee: Salsas, Mos Burgers
Leaderboard (Final Scores):
Entries so far:
18/6: Edited the bonus points rule for clarity.
19/6: Added famous person clarification. No video or drawings to clarify rules. Added leaderboard, entries so far.
20/6: Scored treeman. Excluded products. Added entries, excluded more products. Clarified bonus points (again)
22/6: Added entries, excluded more things, added scores.
23/6: Added excluded things. Added scores. Added more bonuses.
26/6: Added excluded things. Added scores.
27/6: Updated scores.
28/6: Updated scores.
29/6: Updated scores. Updated excluded item list.
30/6: Updated scores, excluded list.
1/7: Finalized scores.